Sunday, September 25, 2005

Bloody football...

Spent Saturday night at the Aussie Stadium to see my team the Dragons play the Tigers for a spot in the Grand Final. You can read all about it in the papers, but I am basically gutted. Can't blame anyone, can't blame the ref, St George were simply outplayed by a Tigers team that threw the ball around and seemed to never make a mistake.

The crowd though was huge and I took the girls to their first really big game. They have been on the grass at Kogarah, WIN and Penrith Stadiums before, but this was their first big game under lights with fixed seating. Kate said "I think the players would be so nervous because their are so many people here... I'd be nervous too if I had to do my dancing in front of all these people."


But to their credit, the girls cheered all night. I spent most of the night with my head in my hands and biting my nails, but the girls were chanting "Saint George! Saint George!" all night right up to the final siren. Brooke was giving the Tigers fans heaps behind us all night...

Kate though took the loss hard as she was very pumped for the game. She was wearing my old jersey and was so excited. But what really was strange was that she was very sad at half time. We asked her what was wrong and she said "St George are losing... they only have 6 points"... Pretty weird seeing your own kids actually giving a shit about the football... I would have loved for the Saints to win just for them not for anything else.

This morning after the game, Kate made for me while I slept in a bit, a big banner sign saying "Go The Dragons!". She even got some poles from the back shed to stick it all together with sticky tape. About 8 A4 pages, some red paint and sticky tape all before I got up...

I can only imagine if we had won... the girls would have been going ballistic.Posted by Picasa

No comments: