Wednesday, November 16, 2005

But it's raining!

I am pumped!  It’s the big match – Australia vs Uruguay for the last place to the World Cup in Germany 2006.  We are down 0-1, but are playing a team that may sit back and defend and have a wobbly away record.  In the corresponding match four years ago, we won 1-0 with probably a technically inferior team.  A similar result tonight will send the game into Extra Time and probably penalties…

If it comes to a Penalty Shoot Out, I am worried – I think we may choke, but seriously I think if we jag an early goal, then it will be game on!

I am watching the game at my mate Joe’s house where it will be a diet of nervously eaten pizza and a single glass of Coke because I will be too enthralled to leave the lounge for the fridge.  I am not confident, and think we are up against it and I rate us as significant underdogs – but Christ I hope we win!

The scary part of it is that it’s raining and that can be a great leveller in soccer.  Skidding ball, miscued  kicks, it could provide a clanger of a mistake from one side that may break the tie wide open.  Kick off is at 8pm!  Go Aussies!!

 

1 comment:

Chunky said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!