Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Day Before Good Friday

Easter is a weird time… being non-religious means that Easter doesn’t really hold any real significance for me.  I find myself thinking about the upcoming ANZAC Day and how we should all go as a family to dawn service this year (I usually sleep it away ‘minding the kids’ whilst Niki goes on her own) but I don’t think about Easter in any other way than as a 4 day break from work and an opportunity to catch up with family and friends.

Am I in the majority or minority here?  I know Christians will be flocking to churches and the like this weekend, but I also feel that there is a significant number who want to do “long weekend things” and make the most of the time off work.

So, that being said, I do have a full long weekend ahead with the Easter Show tomorrow (and I will eat a Dagwood Dog!) then my parents for lunch on Saturday, my brother & sister in laws for lunch Sunday, and friends over on Monday afternoon.  In between, I will be lazing about when I can :-)

No comments: