Thursday, April 06, 2006

Taking Stock

Yesterday there wasn’t a posting as basically I slept on the train and left the laptop off.  Niki was with me as well so we got to spend an hour together on the train in the sun dozing… best 60 minutes I have had all week!

The past fortnight has been a really tough week work wise with me being in the office until 10pm some nights and last Friday I didn’t get home until nearly 2am.  Consequently last Saturday was a right off and therefore this week has been tough with my weekend squeezed.

This weekend we have a BBQ on Saturday night at our friends Julie & Con but other than that we have no plans.  Perhaps a picnic of just the Niki, the girls and I – maybe take the dog as well and just chill out on the Sunday.  With the hours worked, have been battling the flu and am on the Codral’s this morning.

Niki too has been really busy with the kids, babysitting, errands and the like.  She and I had a long chat last night and said “enough’s enough” and we are going to take stock and reshape the way we do things.  Its OK to being busy, but we shouldn’t be stupid about things.

Having said that though, today is another work day and I am heading straight to an external meeting (hence why this posting wont be sent until later today) and I have a stack of emails to reply to this morning on the train… oh to be dozing again like yesterday!

No comments: