Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm still here!

Have been trying to do a mass xmas picture post with Blogger and Picasa but it has been shitting me and I have given up! So, instead I am resorting to the primitive version of blogging - typing out a post!

Xmas was very busy (and I mean busy!) but good. The girls got heaps of presents and had a great time.

The early morning saw us open up Santa's sack and he had brought Kate a Keyboard and for Brooke a DVD player as the main presents. There were other things, but they were the big ticket items :-)

Niki's parents ducked over for breakfast and gave the girls an inflatable pool - which they havent been out of since! - and we had croissants with ham and cheese.

Then it was off to my sisters at Ryde for lunch with my parents, my grandfather (who had come down from the Gold Coast) and her inlaws. Saw my Uncle Scott (will send you some pics soon) briefly as well and realised that our family is scattered everywhere on Xmas. My other
grandfather was with Dad's step-sisters family and my other Uncle (Dad's brother) was at his daughters (my cousins if you're following) place for lunch. Coincidently, she lives about 10mins from my place, but I was at Ryde for lunch. All sounds too stupid heh....

But we had to leave at 3:00 and head home where we were hosting Niki's family for dinner. 17 people after a big lunch and they too had had big lunches elsewhere. Niki's brother Michael had eaten at his inlaws and her parents had had lunch at her sisters at Penrith, but came up to our
place for the second sitting. Again it seems too hard and difficult!

But the meals themselves were great, its just a pity we felt in such a rush and by the time the night was over, we were well and truly stuffed. 2 big meals the second of which we hosted, 120kms travelled in between.

Not next year!

Today, we got our new car - Toyota Camry Ateva. Very happy with it. Finally after 6 weeks of crapping on, we have the new car. Silver in colour, I will take a picture of it and post it soon.
And on Friday, we head to Bateau Bay on the NSW Central Coast.... Just the four of us... rest and solitude. There will be no posts while away, but I'll see what I can do when we do get back on the 6th.

Hope you're all having good breaks, and have a Happy New Year.

No comments: