Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Diary of Change - Day 2

My life is still a bit chaotic at the moment... am feeling a bit like my wheels are spinning from the new surroundings and my new boss used the analogy "try not to drink from a fire hose".  That's rather apt given that my role at the moment looks like a dogs breakfast and I am struggling to work out everything at once such as the next major project and dealing with my external brokers all the way down to where is the stationary cupboard.
 
The new role is fantastic in that I am keen to get stuck in but at the same time, I am being hampered by not knowing anything!  Its a very weird feeling...
 
The people are very nice but I am yet to invade the social scene... had lunch on my own again as everyone around me drifted away without me knowing... I tend to eat lunch later than others around here.  I am a 1pm eater, but when I looked out of my workstation at 12:30, everyone had gone.  They all have drifted back in seperately, so its not like everyone is leaving me behind, but at the same time I need to ask my colleagues "hey, what's doing for lunch!".
 
Having said that tomorrow, I have a meeting in town tomorrow that will take me through lunch, and I have lunch with a uni mate on Thursday lined up, so I will put that idea on hold.
 
The new Blackberry is making itself at home in my pocket as well... slowly getting people into my address book as the emails fly around cyberspace.  The BlackBerry picks up all the contact details from incoming emails and stores them in my Outlook contacts... very nifty!
 
As for work, I have my first series of site visits around Australia later this month.  Will be heading to Melbourne, Adelaide and possibly Perth.  This will be followed by the late September / early October trip to Singapore & London.  I am going to busy travelling it seems, so that will add to the excitement / chaos as well!
 

No comments: